This quiz has been designed to highlight the most commonly cited difficulties on PhD.
The data has been taken from 700+ PhD researchers, during 500+ retreats (3,250 hours). If you are experiencing 1 or all of the difficulties presented in this quiz, please know, you are not alone and we can help.
Please take 5 minutes to answer 5 questions about your current PhD practice:
1. Do you feel isolated or lonely whilst writing PhD? Our structured retreat flips the isolating PhD process on its head, by building in support and community using a shared schedule. This means, our community takes breaks at the same time so we can chat throughout the day, and protect writing time. It has proven to be extremely efficient.
2. Do you have burning questions about your research, but find it difficult to wait days for email replies? We create multiple opportunities throughout the day for you to lean on the collective wisdom of the community and ask your research questions. Advice in real-time.
3. Do you feel overwhelmed by PhD and/or procrastinate? Overwhelm is the number 1 cited reason for procrastination. Our check-ins are designed to manage these pitfalls in real-time, and our team/members have strategies for you. No-one is immune from PhD hardships; its hard by design. PhD is easier to navigate when others light the way.
4. Do you long for a supportive research community? We are group of scholars, committed to working and supporting each other throughout the PhD process and we have room for you.
5. Do you experience ups and downs on PhD? This is extremely common. Through creating a consistent working pattern and connecting you to support we can reduce the intensity of these peaks and troughs. Ultimately, consistency and community are the key ingredients for completing PhD.
If you answered YES to 1 or ALL questions, it is likely that VWR can support you. If you answered YES to more than 1 question, its highly likely we can get you over the finish the line.
Please send this to your friends, PhD buddies and your institution.